I hope you all got what you wanted or asked for, if you didn’t then do not worry it isn’t the end of the world. How relevant that last comment is because of course the world didn’t end on the 21st of December, lets be honest it never was going to end was it… if you believed it was well, then you are a complete fool of a took or a Mayan. However, I had prepared for the world ending by watching War of The Worlds (which, as my Dad spotted, has Tom Cruise saying the word Rachael alot something like well over 100 times) anyway… also to prepare I had found a good photo of myself so if any survivors or some-kind of other race found my dead/singed/disfigured corpse they could look at the photo and know I was a pretty handsome chap.
Now down to the nitty gritty, I am going to list a few things that happened towards the end of term with maybe a comment or two about their importance/relevance.
1. Ash Brosnans 20th Birthday Bonanza:
- This was astonishing!
- It started with Josh and Ash fighting over a stool. Ties were grabbed and it escalated into an almost Mexican stand off but Bros defused the situation like the absolute boss that he is.
- Ben and I drank a litre of Captain Morgans (Spiced)
- Alex broke a kitchen, yep just broke a kitchen (standard really)
- Then at about 22:45 a fat bold lady (well male) came into the house demanding the party be stopped. Imagine something like project X and tone it down about 1000 times and you have what the neighbours were calling a “Monstrosity” except they weren’t because that isn’t in a north Walians vocabulary but you get my drift.
- We were extremely smashed… like unreal levels of intoxication.
- Then peep occurred and, as expected, the top lad behaviour continued. Reggie Yates, most students childhood hero, was there doing a small bit of Disk Jockeying. The place was rammed and we just did what we usual do, be absolute top lads even if Keir did get a bit pissed at Alex’s top lad behaviour. (one word “stolen”)
- We then all retreated back to the flat for our usual smoking antics with a very drunk Dave Burrows. This was not before Alex and I walked Fi home, she invited us in for “Spinach and something else Waffles” we were both quite excited at the prospect as this alternative option sounded rather nice. Instead she produced potato waffles, “disappointed” doesn’t even come close to how we felt really. We did however leave with a well done sticker each.
- Back at the flat Dave was entertaining the troops like there was no tomorrow. It is hard to put into words what he was exactly doing but “Mary Poppins is a cunt” and “Chim Chim Cheroo” comes pretty close.
2. Failing Exams:
- Yes you read that correctly, I failed a maths exam. Probably had something to do with a lack of revision. However, I rectified it in the resit and passed so I suppose its all good. It was however a bit of a wake up call, I do need to pull my finger out a bit… pop a few more pills… knuckle down.
3. Ben Allen and the mysterious Friday night:
- So it was Lewis Angells party, Ben and I thought it would be a great idea to drink a whole bottle of gin and then go meet one of our best mates. It turned into myself and Ben staying in after the party, ringing his brother, chatting absolute shit and then lying on my bed discussing our ultimate back row. So all in all a good night. I hope I did the description of our night justice Ben?
- Just to add to this, Brad is a massive twat for not answering his phone when we tried to ring him.
- Another thing to add was that Keir and Sam went to a couple of sick house parties with one of our best mates and had a sick as fuck time! Keir produced some truly top lad behaviour.
4. The end of semester/term Christmas party:
- Ben, Alex and Keir decided to host one last party to celebrate this semester/term.
- We had awards and alot, alot of alcohol.
- Finding someone remotely sober was like finding a kid from the 70s/80s Jimmy Saville hadn’t touched.
- The plan was to head out around 23:45 but instead we stayed in and ended up getting high once the majority of the party vacated.
- Pete ended up whiteying, poor guy.
- I ended up passing out on Ben’s bed for 2 hours maybe. Then was woken up by Ben and I didn’t know I had fallen asleep there.
- But I returned to the kitchen for the final joint between the five of us (plus Ed) of 2012. We then stayed up till 07:30 having lyrical battles and smoking “Martins” Menthols, it was just such a chilled out and brilliant vibe to end the night.
Life is like a steam train really, it is always going forward, you can’t stick it in reverse. Some people get off at stations and some people get on. In some cases too many people can get off and too many can get on. It can even be the case that you miss a station all together. If someone or something gets off that you don’t really want to, you can always stick around and wait at the station for it to come back but sometimes that isn’t always the best option.
I’ll blog again before 2012 is finished with but for now I best go and do some form of revision.
“Sometimes you just have to strip down, be brave and have a good old swim in that river”
Bradley James Gordon